M1867-1910 Prussian infantry officer’s visor cap
Wool cap with cotton lining and leather sweatband
This cap (Prussian blue body and ponceau red band and piping) was worn by officers of all garde and line infantry, fusilier and grenadier regiments with differing cockades according to the kingdom or duchy. The Reich’s cockade was added to the caps in 1897. These caps were worn until 1910, when the field grey uniform was introduced.